Today we want to share with you a very easy and popular recipe in Spain, ground or minced meat croquettes :-) You can find them in every local bar in town. You will love them. It is the perfect starter for a nice meal. We promise you that once you start, you cannot stop eating them ;-) they are really delicious:-).
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
* 250 gr. (9oz) ground meat, half pork and half veal
* 1 medium size yellow onion
* 1 clove garlic
* 4 tablespoons wheat flour
* ¾ litre (3 ¼ cups) milk
* ½ broth stock (bouillon) cube
* Ground nutmeg
* Some salt
* Ground Black pepper
* 1 egg
* Bread crumbs
* Mild olive oil
WAY OF COOKING:
* We are going to start by frying the finely chopped onion and the clove of garlic in a frying pan with three spoons olive oil on medium heat
* Once they are translucent, we are going to add the ground meat, stir it and then sauté it several minutes until it is well done.
* We add then the flour and stir it to slightly toast it.
* We are going to season it with the salt, ground nutmeg and black pepper.
* We will warm up the milk and then add the ½ bouillon cube dissolved in ½ cup (125 ml) warm water. Then we are going to start adding it slowly to the pan while stirring. We will just see how the croquette dough begins to thicken. We will keep on stirring until we see that the mixture no longer sticks to the side of the pan.
* We take it off of the heat, pour it on a baking tray and set aside to cool and then we put it into the fridge for a couple of hours.
* Now it is the moment to make our meat croquettes, we cut the dough into about 3 ¼ inches by 3 ¼ inch (8 cm) squares and then make the shape of the croquettes by hand.
* We are going to dredge them first in a beaten egg bath and then cover them with the bread crumbs.
*And then, to finish with, we are going to fry them in hot olive oil, though not too hot or they will burn immediately. We will let them drain on absorbent paper.
And ready to serve at the table and to enjoy them :-)
By the way, if you have a special wish about any recipe you would like to learn to cook, please let us know. My mother and I will cook it for you in this section :-) You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great week :-)