We are going to prepare a homemade mayonnaise with garlic, delicious :) It is very easy to make so once you make it and the most important, you try it, you will never ever buy it from the shop.
We share both recipes with the wish you can cook it and enjoy it very much:
* 2 carrots
* 4 1/2 Tablespoons green peas
* 1/2 cup green beans
* ¾ cup of white tuna or albacore (in Spanish is Bonito) in olive oil
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup green olives with no bones
* 6 full Tablespoons of mayonnaise
* 4 big potatoes
* 2 Tablespoons of butter
* 3 Tablespoons of milk
* 2 full spoons vinegar
* sweet red pepper to decorate
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MAYONNAISE:
* 1 egg
* 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon (250 ml) olive oil
* The juice of half lemon
* Half a clove of garlic, minced
HOW TO COOK:
* We are going to start washing and peeling the potatoes. We cut them in dices, regular size and boil them for 30 minutes in a pot with hot water and salt. They must be very tender. We drain them well and put them in a bowl.
* Meanwhile we are going to prepare the home made mayonnaise. In the electric hand blender container we are going to add the egg. Then we add the oil, the half a clove of garlic, some salt and the lemon juice. We insert the hand blender to the bottom and begin to blend; slowly lifting the blender and you will see how the mayonnaise emulsifies and thickens. If you see it is very liquid you should add some more oil. If it is a bit thick, you can lighten it by adding a few drops of lemon juice. We put aside.
* Then we add the butter and the milk to the potatoes and stir well, add salt and pepper and put them through the ricer or potato masher to get a thick paste.
* We wash and peel the carrots and cut them in dices. Then wash the green beans and cut them in pieces. We are going to boil them but separately, the carrots for 7 or 8 minutes and the green beans for 5 or 6 minutes.
* We boil the green peas in salty water for 4 minutes. We drain the three vegetables and mix them.
* Let’s boil the eggs in a pot with hot salty water for 10 minutes, starting to count when the water starts to boil. We refresh in cold water and peel them.
* We drain the white tuna or albacore from its oil and the olives oil too. We are going to shred the fish and cut the olives. We mix both with the vegetables, season them with salt and pepper, the vinegar and half amount of the mayonnaise. We mix everything.
* We are going to put a large sheet of parchment paper on the kitchen table. We spread the potato purée on top making a rectangular size lay.
* We spread then the salad on top, leaving a merge all around the rectangular. We roll it carefully, with the help of the parchment paper, but taking it away at the same time, and then we put the obtaining roll in the fridge for 2 hours.
* We cut the hard boiled eggs first into quarters and then in slices. We wash the chive and cut it. We place the roll on a tray and cover it with the remaining mayonnaise, spreading it well.
* We decorate it with chive, the sweet red pepper in stripes and the hard boiled egg and leave it in the fridge until the moment we serve it at the table.
And ready to enjoy this cold potato salad roll with chive. Have a great week ☺