* 14 oz. (400 grs.) Fresh Salmon, skin removed
* 4 oz. (100 grs.) Shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1/3 cup (50 grs.) bread crumbs
* 1 Egg
* 1/2 White Onion, diced
* 1 Clove of Garlic, diced
* 1/2 Cup (100 ml) Fish Broth
* 1 Cup (200 grs.) Homemade tomato sauce (*) See recipe below
* 1/2 Cup (100 ml) White Wine “Gran Mayeto” from El Gato local Winery, a smooth, fruity, aromatic, semi-sweet white wine.
* 1 Tea spoon dried Dill
* Black Pepper and Salt
* All Purpose Flour
* Mild Olive Oil
- FOR THE MEATBALLS:
* We are first going to dice the salmon and the peeled shrimp. We put them in a bowl.
* Dice the garlic and add it to the fish/shrimp mixture.
* We add the egg and the bread crumbs, the dried dill, and add salt and pepper.
* We are going then to mix it well by hand, form the meatballs, and lightly roll them on a plate with the flour, enough to just coat them lightly.
* Add enough oil into a frying pan so the meatballs will be about 1/3 of the way immersed, heat the oil med to med-high heat, then brown the meatballs uniformly. Remove and set aside to drain on paper towels.
* Dice the peeled onion, then sauté it in the same pan with oil for about 7 or 8 minutes.
* To the sautéed onion, add the homemade tomato sauce, the broth and the wine and we let it cook for 10 minutes.
* We then add the meatballs, cover, and cook on low heat for 20 more minutes, stirring every now and then.
HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE
This is the way we cook the home made tomato sauce at home :-) You can use it for many recipes, such as Huevos a La Flamenca, Pasta, Fried Potatoes and Eggs, … ! Once you make it you cannot stop eating it :-) It tastes delicious :-)
* 2.2 lbs. (1 kg) Fresh Tomatoes, crushed
* 1 Med White Onion
* 1 Green Bell Pepper and 3 Green Frying Peppers
* 1 Garlic Clove
* 2 or 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
* Salt and Black pepper
* Pinch of sugar
* Some Cooking Cream
Have a great weekend and whenever you can, do not forget to enjoy the sun, we are really lucky!