domingo, 26 de abril de 2015
STUFFED EGGPLANT WITH SALMON AND PRAWNS (BERENJENAS RELLENAS DE SALMÓN Y GAMBAS)
This week we want to share this great recipe we have prepared for you, Eggplant stuffed with Salmon and Prawns and cooked au gratin in the oven. A very rich and very tasty recipe. It is a little entertaining to prepare but worthwhile because the flavor is terrific.
But before we share it we will tell you some details about the Salmon. This rich blue fish contributes about 11 grams of fat per 100 grams of meat, content similar to that of sardines, horse mackerel or tuna. The fat is rich in omega-3, which contributes to lower levels of cholesterol and plasma triglycerides, and also increases the fluidity of the blood, which prevents the formation of clots or thrombi. For this reason, it is recommended to consume salmon regularly and in particular in case of cardiovascular disorders. Salmon is an excellent source of proteins of high biological value, as is all fish.
As for vitamins, it highlights the presence of some belonging to the B Group as B2, B3, B6 and B9 and B12. These allow the use of the energy nutrients i.e. carbohydrates, fats and proteins and are involved in processes of great importance (formation of red blood cells, synthesis of genetic material, functioning of the nervous system and defense systems, etc.). However, the amount of these vitamins is not very significant when compared with other foods rich in these nutrients. Source: http://pescadosymariscos.consumer.es/salmon/propiedades-nutritivas
And here you have the recipe for this week:
* 2 loin-cut salmon fillets (approx 10 oz. (300g) total)
* 2 eggplants
* 1 onion
* 1 tomato
* 1/4 cup (50 ml.) olive oil
* 1.1 lbs (500 gr.) shrimp
* 1/2 cup (100 ml) of Brandy de Jerez
* 1 carrot
* 2 Tbsp (10 ml) of cream
* 1 clove of garlic
* grated gruyere cheese
* ground black pepper
HOW TO PREPARE:
* To start with we are going to peel the prawns and set aside the meat.
* Then we prepare a broth with the shrimp heads and shells, 1/2 onion, a bay leaf and 2 1/8 cups (1/2 liter) of water. Strain and set aside, retaining the heads and shells.
* We now chop the other 1/2 onion and the garlic.
* Then cut the eggplants lengthwise and hollow out the insides, dice the flesh and set it aside.
* We are going to peel the tomato and slice it.
* In a frying pan with some oil we will sweat the chopped onion and the garlic and add the chopped carrot and tomato.
* Add the shrimp shells and heads. Add the Brandy, set afire and flambé, then extinguish by adding the broth. Cook for it now 5 minutes. We now blend everything in a blender or an immersion blender, then strain well, and retain the sauce.
* Sauté the chopped eggplant flesh with the diced salmon, the chopped shrimp meat and the sauce.
* Add then the cream and let it thicken over heat.
* Use this mixture to fill the eggplant, and then sprinkle with the cheese and brown under a broiler in the oven for 15 minutes.
And now we are ready for serving at the table and enjoy :-) You can eat them with a full salad :-) Happy Sunday and happy week for you all.