* 1 1/8 lbs. (1/2 kg.) (One Piece) Tuna Loin, cubed
* 2 1/4 lbs. (1 kg.) of Potatoes
* 1 Onion, finely diced
* 2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
*1 Green Pepper, chopped
* 2 Grated Tomatoes or 4 tablespoons of Crushed Tomato
* 2 Dried Red Peppers (ñoras, if possible), chopped
* 2 “Piquillo” Sweet Peppers, chopped
* 1 tablespoon Sweet Paprika
* 1/2 cup (100 ml.) Mild Olive Oil
* 1/2 cup (100 ml.) White Wine
* 1 splash of Cognac
* 2 glasses of Water (or the amount of water needed to cover the stew)
* 1 bouillon cube Fish Stock
WAY OF COOKING:
* We begin by peeling the potatoes, break them into chunks and put them in a bowl of water. (The breaking can be done by inserting the knife into the potato just a little bit and then twisting the blade so that it breaks off little chunks of potato)
* In a pot with hot olive oil we start to cook the diced onion (brunoise style), once it is soft we add the chopped garlic, when golden brown, add the chopped peppers (the green and the red “piquillo” peppers), stirring everything together.
* We add the well drained potatoes and turn them on all sides so they cook and absorb the flavor of the vegetables.
* We add now the grated tomato, paprika and continue to mix well.
* Then we pour in the wine and the cognac and cook it until it evaporates.
* We add enough water to just cover the stew of potatoes and add the fish stock cube diluted in a quarter of a cup of warm water.
* And now we cook everything on low heat until the potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
* 5 minutes before the end of the cooking we add the tuna chunks, seasoned with salt and pepper.
And now let’s eat this delicious and tasty stew :-) you will love it !!! Have a great week and we really hope you enjoyed the Rota Feria very, very much !!!