domingo, 1 de marzo de 2015
APPLE AND CINNAMON FLAN WITH WHIPPED CREAM (FLAN DE MANZANA Y CANELA ACOMPAÑADO DE NATA MONTADA) #englishrecipes
Today we want to share with you a very nice dessert, we are sure you will enjoy very much, Apple and Cinnamon Flan with Whipped Cream.
And, as we’re used to doing, we are going to give you some information about the main ingredient, the apples.
It has always been said, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”, and it is really true !, according to a Welsh proverb. Apples are very healthy and they really should be included in our daily diet.
Apples are extremely rich in important antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber. The phytonutrients and antioxidants in apples may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
Apples contain almost no fat, sodium or cholesterol.
Apples deserve to be called "nutritional powerhouses". They contain the following important nutrients:
Vitamin C - a powerful natural antioxidant capable of blocking some of the damage caused by free radicals, as well as boosting the body's resistance against infectious agents, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center.
B-complex vitamins (riboflavin, thiamin, and vitamin B-6) - these vitamins are key in maintaining red blood cells and the nervous system in good health.
Dietary fiber - the British National Health Service says that a diet high in fiber can help prevent the development of certain diseases and may help prevent the amount of bad cholesterol in your blood from rising.
Phytonutrients - apples are rich in polyphenolic compounds. These phytonutrients help protect the body from the detrimental effects of free radicals.
Minerals such as calcium, potassium, and phosphorus.
You can find more information at: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/267290.php
And now it is time to share our sweet recipe:
* 4 Apples (Fuji)
* 5 Eggs
* 1 1/16 Cups (1/4 liter) Condensed Milk
* 2 1/8 Cups (1/2 liter) Milk
* 1 Glass Tintilla de Rota, Sweet Sherry Wine
* 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
* 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
* 1/2 Cup (1 dl) Whipped Cream
For the Caramel:
* 6 1/2 Tablespoons (Just under 1/2 Cup) (100 grs) Sugar
WAY OF COOKING:
* To begin with let's preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit (180° Celsius).
* Meanwhile we will put the sugar into a saucepan, add the two tablespoons of water and we are going to cook on low heat, stirring constantly until we get a dark caramel.
* We will pour the hot caramel into a flan mold, turning it round so that the caramel extends well everywhere to cover the bottom.
* We will then peel the apples and cut them into wedges, removing the core.
* We put them now in an ovenproof dish and add the wine. Sprinkle them with the brown sugar and the cinnamon.
* We bake them for 35 minutes.
* Reserve a few wedges of apple and put the rest in the blender. We will blend it into a uniform applesauce puree.
* We crack the eggs in a bowl, beat them and mix them with the applesauce.
* We add now the condensed milk and the milk, and stir until mixed well.
* We pour the mixture over the caramel in the flan mold and place the mold into a larger diameter ovenproof dish. Carefully pour hot water into the outer dish to create a water bath, for bain-marie style cooking.
* We cook the flan pudding in the oven at 325° Fahrenheit (170° Celsius) for about 50 minutes until it sets (*).
* We remove it from the oven and wait for it to cool in the water bath. Leave the flan in the refrigerator until the next day.
* Whip the refrigerated whipping cream with an electric beater.
* We carefully unmold the flan, by placing a serving tray over it, and gently flipping it over, and we will serve it decorated with the reserved apple wedges and a few rosettes of whipped cream.
(*) To check for doneness insert a tooth pick in the flan. If it comes out dry, it's done. Otherwise, we bake it for a few more minutes.
But before we leave, we would like to remind you that it would be great to hear your opinions about our recipes ! Please feel free to contact us via email: email@example.com and tell us about your experience.