Tonite we want to share with you this recipe that we enjoyed some days ago for lunch, Las Patatas Revolconas. This is a very traditional recipe that is usually prepared with pork crackling, but to make it a lighter dish we have replaced the bacon with mushrooms :-)
This recipe was originally part of the daily culinary repertoire of peasants and poor people. Today it is a commonly served as a “tapa” in bars and restaurants, mainly in the communities of Salamanca, Ávila and Extremadura, where this dish is most typical. (Source: www.recetasderechupete.com)
And we are already with our recipe, which we hope you like very much:
INGREDIENTS:* 14 oz (400 grams) potatoes
* 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
* 2 cups (7 oz or 200 grams) of mushrooms
* 2/3 cups (100 grams) of diced Spanish Serrano Ham
* 1 teaspoon of pimento dulce ( smoked paprika)
* Olive oil
* 1 bay leaf
* 2 sprigs of Rosemary
HOW TO PREPARE:
* We are going to peel the potatoes and cut them into slices. We cook them in salted water with a washed bay leaf for 25 to 30 minutes, drain them and reserve.
* We peel the garlic cloves and cut them into slices.
* Now we will clean the mushrooms, wash them without letting them soak and cut them into pieces if they are large.
* We are now going to sauté the garlic in a pan with a few drops of oil for 2 to 3 minutes, until they get golden brown, then add the chunks of ham. Stir and toast and then add the mushrooms, 1 washed sprig of Rosemary, and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
* We will season with salt/pepper and set aside half of this preparation.
* We then flavor the rest of the mushrooms with the pimentón (paprika), stir and add the potatoes.
* We will cook for 2 minutes and then crush the potatoes.
* To present our dish, fill 4 pastry rings with the mixture, then remove the rings.
* Spread some mushrooms over them, decorate with the remaining Rosemary and serve at the table.
And if you accompany these “patatas revolconas” with a fried egg, the recipe will be perfect. Happy Week to you all and enjoy it very much :-)